The Centre for Contemporary Art,-CCA, Lagos is an independent non-profit making visual art organization founded in December 2007 by Bisi Silva (1962 – 2019).
The center provides a platform for the development, presentation, and discussion of contemporary visual art and culture. It seeks to create new audiences and to prioritize media such as photography, film and video, performance, and installation art which have been under-represented in Nigeria.
· Develop a programme that will reflect the diversity of practice, ideas and approaches in contemporary visual art and culture.
· Provide a public forum for the critical examination of ideas and cultural practices in the arts.
· Place inclusion at the heart of our programming
· Develop new audiences for the visual arts by presenting a varied and stimulating programme of lectures, seminars, workshops, and exhibitions.
· Organise events that encourage intellectual and critical development and an awareness of artistic and cultural issues around the world.
· Contribute to the development and professionalization of artistic production and curatorial practice in Nigeria and the West African region.
· Collaborate with artists, curators, writers, theoreticians, organizations and institutions nationally and internationally
- Monday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Wednesday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Thursday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Saturday Day Off
- Sunday Day Off