Nnamdi Azikiwe University currently ranks no 19 in Nigeria according to Webometric Ranking and we aim to rank No 1 in Nigeria and in 200 in the world in a few years.
• There are about 40,000 students at Nnamdi Azikiwe University including 25,000 undergraduates and 15,000 postgraduates.
• Nnamdi Azikiwe University is very competitive: more than 70,000 people have applied in each of the last three admissions cycles, and there are usually only around 10,000 places.
• UNIZIK offers more than 250 postgraduate programmes and about a 100 undergraduate programmes
• Many international students and teachers are part of Nnamdi Azikiwe university community
• Many of the lecturers at Nnamdi Azikiwe University international collaboration and they attract grants from international granting bodies
• UNIZIK is situated in an area that easily accessible from major and minor roads
• At least 99% of all courses that have been running for more than 5 years have received full NUC accreditation. It. is the only university in the south-east where Electronics and Computer Engineering has been accredited by the National Universities Commission and COREN.
• Our admission is strictly by merit.
• The environment is intimidation and harassment-free
• Finally, it is the wish of every student to graduate as and when due with good grades; UNIZIK is known to support this, as it runs an uninterrupted academic calendar year in year out.
• The transportation system in UNIZIK can only be described as effective and efficient.
The overall vision of the University is to produce graduates with some core attributes.
. Abroad spectrum of knowledge with specialization in a discipline
. Logical reasoning
. Oral and written communication skills and ability
. Numeracy, and computer literacy
. High ethical standards in personal and professional life
. Strong sense of responsibility
. Self conﬁdence
The mission of the University is to use teaching, research, and public service to solve social problems. In the process of learning, students would be oriented to use their education in solving practical problems confronting them in Nigerian society and beyond.
ln the discharge of its mission, the University shall live up to the ideals of the renowned statesman, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, by making university education pragmatic, and using it to forge unity among the various communities in Nigeria.
It is hoped and expected that when the above vision has been achieved, graduates of the University will be Disciplined in behavior, Excellent in knowledge, and Self-Reliant in their chosen careers, in keeping With the Motto of the University; “Discipline, Excellence, and Self-Reliance”.
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day