Welcome to Obudu Mountain Resort, also known as Obudu Cattle Ranch. This beautiful and interesting tourist destination is located in the highlands and deep tropical forests of Cross River State in Africa. It boasts a temperate climate and is approximately 45 miles from the border with Cameroon.
If you are a tourist seeking a combination of adventure and peaceful tranquility, then Obudu Cattle Ranch is the ideal place to visit. With its lush natural vegetation and breathtaking views, Obudu is becoming increasingly popular among tourists from all over Nigeria and Africa.
The ranch offers a variety of pleasant and picturesque mountain and countryside views, as well as a serene atmosphere that caters to all our guests. To make a reservation, please call 08072477632.
Here is some information about the mountain resort:
– Canopy Walkway: Visitors can enjoy a 100m swinging bridge suspended above the forest.
– Cable Car: To reach the resort, visitors can choose to drive the famous 11km winding road or take the cable car. The drive takes around 25 minutes while the cable car ride takes roughly 6 minutes.
– Obudu Plateau: The resort is situated on the Obudu Plateau which is part of the Sankwala Mountain range in Cross River State. The plateau spans over 40 square miles and rises to a height of about 1,716 meters above sea level. It’s also known to be a habitat for rare bird species.
– International Mountain Race: The Obudu Ranch International Mountain Race is an annual running competition held in late November. It’s known as the “World’s Richest Mountain Race” because it has the largest total prize money available for any mountain race.
– Height and Climate: The region receives a semi-temperate climate due to its 1580 meters (5200 ft) elevation from sea level, which is suitable for tourists.
– Opening Date: The resort was developed in 1951 by M. McCaughey.
– Intestinal Road View: The road network leading up to the resort is spiral and gives a zig-zag view from the top.
– Angel’s View and Presidential Villa: The Angel’s View is a point between the Helipad and the Presidential Villa where valleys form to give a “V” shape. It’s a breathtaking view that highlights the wonderful creation of nature.
– Becheve Nature Reserve and Tree Nursery: The Becheve Nature Reserve is a conservation forest that is home to various species of plants and animals, including trees that have been there before civilization.
– Grotto: Grotto is a mini waterfall with a pool that has been modified to allow the water to accumulate at its bed, forming a deep pool. The depth and width of the water pool were artificially created.
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day